Sunday, December 03, 2006

We're number two! (and rabling into a brief rant, sorry)

Okay, I did a Google search for "Family Caregiver Security Act of 2005", and discovered that Google sees this blog as being number two in information and usefullness on looking for information on the Family Caregiver Security Act of 2005 (H.R. 175), with GovTrack.us being in the number one slot. Not too shabby with no longer than my blog has been discussing H.R. 175.

When I look for "Family Caregiver", this blog is not even in the top twenty pages, but GovTrack drops to the 20th page, so I don't feel too bad.

I deffinately need to start working on "family caregiver" referances and get this blog pushed up some on that search - people need to be motivated to kick Congress in the butt and get them to pass the Family Caregiver Security Act of 2005 so the family caregiver can be given a fair break. I mean, heck, when I started looking into this a few years ago I was flat out told by folks that if I wanted to take care of the stranger down the road I could be paid, but not paid to take care of my father when he does not want a stranger taking care of him. We've experienced the care strangers give - is scares him and he prefers to be cared for by someone that loves him and is not going to treat him like shit when no one's looking.

After spending over 20 years in the Army, and being MORE than ready to go right back to serving his country right now if they would take him, I think he deserves to be able to ask for his daughter to care for him rather than some candy stripper dropout that barely passes the IQ score and would steal his medications for selling to her boyfriend. Don't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy