Wednesday, April 18, 2007

On being a family caregiver to Mel Brooks

You want to read a great article on being a family caregiver? When you start to think that you must be alone in this crazy chaotic world of providing care to your loved one it can help to know that you're not alone. And I think that it can also help to know that it's something that everyone, no matter who they are, might face.

I just read an article by Max Brooks, the son of comedian Mel Brooks, on what it is like to be the caregiver of someone famous.

It's not very different from being a caregiver to someone that's not famous. We all need basic things, we all face basic challenges. I smile at the start of the article where he talks about trying to get his dad, who falls asleep watching television, to go to bed. I have often played out the same scene with my own father. Like Mel Brooks my dad loves old war movies, which is another thing that made me smile as I read the article.

Being a caregiver for your parent is not very different from one caregiver to the next, no matter who your parent is.

Check out the article at Saving Mel Brooks in MSN Men's Health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy