Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Getting around town just got easier

I have been over looking around a site called PublicRoutes, and I'm loving it and wishing that I had found it before I went to Atlanta with my friends last September, or when we went to San Francisco a few years ago - might have saved us all that walking in the wrong direction to get where we had wanted to go. LOL Was a fun walk anyway, but I'm sure I speak for us all when I say that we really would have preferred to have not taken that wrong turn.

PublicRoutes has maps for all sorts of cities in addition to Atlanta and San Francisco, places like one that I have wanted to go see for years, Boston MA, and one I know first hand is hard to find your way around in, Seattle WA.

I've been looking at the Boston area map, but I have to know where things are before I look them up on the site so it makes things a little slow. Need a good way for someone like me, that is unfamiliar with the city but wants to visit it, to find great places to check out while I am there.

I like their direction though, I called up walking directions from the Knob Hill Hotel to Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco and got a nice map showing the route and information on walking distances, and details for shopping, dining, and attractions around both the start point and the destination point.

This would be great for anyone that lives in or near a city as well, since you can get not only directions for various methods of getting around (walking, driving, rail, transit, or bus), but also find information on local traffic conditions thanks to a traffic alert bar near the top of the screen for each individual city.

This site looks to me like an all around handy resource to check before you go, whether you are traveling or just going into the city for a few hours.


This has been a paid post for PublicRoutes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy