Thursday, June 21, 2007

June 21st and summer rolls in on a storm

It was an interesting thing last night and I am still trying to decide if it was a good omen or a bad omen. Summer kicked off with a huge thunder and lightning storm rolling through here. We got some of the most impressive flashes of lightning I have seen this side of the Washington/Canada border. It started up around 11 PM and ran through to around two in the morning. Now I am trying to decide if starting summer off with a summer storm is a good omen or a bad omen.

:::shakes head to get rid of the image of a girl in a gingham dress clutching a terrier asking the storm "Are you a good omen or a bad omen?":::

Anyway! It is beautiful and sunny out there today, which is odd. Since the 16th we have had days start out as beautiful as can be and by evening a thunderstorm has rolled in. The other night I was out on my ATV and had to race straight into a huge black thunderhead trying to get home before the storm reached me. I'm scared of lightning, so that was one wild ride.

I took some video of the lightning last night, I'll see if there are any decent flashes on the camera later and load them up if there are. While I was filming one of them lightning flashes took out the power, so from about midnight to 1:45 we had no power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy