Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Care recipient travel case for the car

Looking at my bags for traveling to Las Vegas next month, I am made think about the need for a travel bag to be made up for my dad for when we go to town or whatever. I had one at one time, but it kind of got dismantled. There are certain things that need to go with us when we head for town, though, and making a single case that can be sat in the car when we load up his wheelchair makes sense.

So, what goes into a case like this? What kind of case do you use? That depends on the care recipient's needs and what you are packing. Our last case was a simple cardboard box. This time I want to make it a little fancier, maybe a decorative basket like you get for in an office?

What goes into one? Well, for my situation I would make sure we have a travel box of Kleenex, a lap quilt, a small pillow that can be put between his left leg and the deal in the car that sticks out into where his leg rests, extra pills (just in case), and maybe a portable radio or DVD player. An MP3 player and download of Coast to Coast would be good to put in there.

I'm sure there are other things that I will put in it, but you can see the basics, huh? This is not like the emergency kit you would have in the trunk, this is stuff that will make the ride and any waiting in the car more comfortable for the care recipient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy