Friday, September 22, 2006

Caregiver Stress & Stress Reducer - writing

Stress is a common every day occurrence for caregivers. Something that after a few years we learn to have an almost second nature defense against. Even the best defense can be broken through, however, so it is always helpful to keep a few stress reducers on hand just in case things start to creep up and get to be too much.

My best stress reducer has been writing, particularly shared writing with my friends. By sitting and thinking about a story the stress can be poured into the characters you are writing about. My fictional characters tend to suffer a bit more mental and sometimes physical abuse than your average adventure novel, but they serve their purpose in giving me and my friends a much needed release from the stress and chaos of life around us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy