Friday, September 22, 2006

Stress eating - the bane of caregivers on a diet

Well, my diet is not going as well as I had planned, but it is still on schedule. Anyone that has been reading my Diet Tracker blog (link to the left with my other blogs links) knows that I have so far lost roughly 11 pounds then hit a point where stress of caregiving has sapped me of the energy for dieting and made me go back to my stress eating habit.

I've been using the Weight Watchers plan, and that was where I lost 11 pounds. I am trying Slim Fast Optima now, but with stress binges I have been having trouble keeping more than an even keel on the weight. I'm considering other diet plans such as the Atkins diet plans, so maybe that'll be my next effort. I figure if I keep trying them I'll find the one that fits best into the lifestyle of a family caregiver and when I do I'll be sure and let you all know. I'm sure I'm not the only one plauged by stress eating putting on pounds.

There is controversy on the Atkin's diet and this page from the above website discusses that. There are also some resources on the same website.

You can find some valuable resources on diets at the CNN.com Health/Diet & Fitness News site too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy