Thursday, September 07, 2006

Some people just don't get it

I was talking to my brother today and he just does not seem to understand what me and my mom do day after day providing full-time care to my dad. It is a very draining thing that seems to leave people thinking that just because me and my mom don't go places means we just louge around lazy all the time.

I'm not sure how people can manage to provide full-time care when they are the sole care provider. My hat off to all that do manage it. Maybe sometime soon the folks sitting on H.R. 175 will get off their tailbones and pass that bill so that at least some of the stress of trying to make ends meet can be lessened.

I wrote to two of the folks running for governor in Alaska (Knowles and Palin) asking them about what they had figured on helping family caregivers and their care recipients - but they have yet to email me back. Think it's time for actual printed out letters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy