Saturday, November 11, 2006

Attention Comment SPAMmers

I have gone through my blogs and checked all of them for SPAM posts in the comments. I have also set them all to require word verification.

I prefer to leave them set for anyone to be able to comment on them, however, if I continue to be SPAMed by people posting anonymous posts for get rich quick sites I will be forced to restrict comments to registered users only.

Comments such as the following will be unmercifully removed from my blogs:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anonymous said...

Hey,nice blog!!! I found a place where you can make an extra $800 or more a month. I do it part time and make a lot more than that. It is definitely worth a visit! You can do it in your spare time and make good cash. Make Extra Cash
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am not opposed to your purchasing a brief post that is very clearly marked as an advertisement if you wish for me to post a link to a get rich quick site - this would be as follows:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PAID ADVERTISEMENT

I found a place where you can make an extra $800 or more a month. I do it part time and make a lot more than that. It is definitely worth a visit! You can do it in your spare time and make good cash. Make Extra Cash
__________________________________

The preceding post is a paid advertisement - the owner of this blog has been paid for this space by the person posting this information. The blog owner does not endorse or support the information or websites presented in this post.

PAID ADVERTISEMENT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rates for such advertisements start at $20 for a post and go up based on what you desire to have in the posting and if there is more work than simply posting it on the site involved for me.

Q. Why such blatant markings that it is a paid advertisement?

A. Quite simple really - I screen advertising on this site based on if my readership might be interested. I'm willing to accept advertisements for postings that may not meet my standards, but my readership will know which advertisements I have not hand selected as being of interest to them.

Q. What is the price for getting a post that is not marked as an advertisement?

A. You can't pay me enough to pass a paid post off as being endorsed by me. And, indeed, it is against FTC regulations. When someone is indicating their individual preference there is no requirement for disclosure of either the amount or existence of compensation - when that person is asked to provide a favorable view, or the impression of such, then the FTC guidelines for print media (which covers Internet advertising) specify that there should be disclosure of the information as being an advertisement.

Put simply - if I am being honest I don't have to tell you I was paid, if I am asked to be favorable it effects my ability to be honest so your advertisement will be marked as being an advertisement. If I can not present a favorable post without lying through my teeth then your advertisement will most definitely be marked very clearly as being a PAID ADVERTISEMENT.

Q. Can I pay you after posting?

A. No. Payment will be made before I post the advertisement. I accept PayPal and any PayPal accepted credit cards.

Q. But my site is not a get rich quick site, does it still have to be marked as an advertisement?

A. That depends on the site and rather I am allowed to be honest about endorsing it to my readership or not. Honesty is very important to me. For more information see the question above titled: What is the price for getting a post that is not marked as an advertisement?

Q. How do I ask a question not covered here?

A. Make a comment to this post - if I think others might be interested in the answer I will add it to the above Q&A segment.

If, after having my advertising policies made clear, you would like such a posting please post a comment with a request to this post. If you would not like such a posting, then I politely ask that you please do not post such advertisements in the comments sections of any of my blogs - particularly not posts flanked by my complaints about comment SPAMmers. Thank you.

All proceeds from such advertising goes to pay hosting costs for my Family C.A.R.E. website and to assist in the purchase of my father's powered wheelchair.

Sandra
~~~~~~

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I also get a lot of those spam message. I love your solution to this pain in the butt problem.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy