Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Voting for Disabled

I went earlier and got a Absentee Voting by Personal Representative ballot for my dad, where I sign to get his ballot, bring it home, read the options for him (his partial blindness makes it very hard for him to read since he keeps forgetting to look all the way to the left) and marked his choices. I'll be taking it back up the voting place for him after while when me and my mom go to vote.

This is such a wonderful thing because it means that my dad can still vote without spending half the day with getting ready and then fighting the ice in his wheel chair and trying to figure the ballot out up at the polling place and then coming back home. When I told him that my getting his ballot for him was still an option he thought that was a great idea.

I had not known I could, me and my mom had meant to get him an absentee ballot, but never got it for him, then I called to make sure that they had handicapped access at the voting place and the lady there told me that I could still get a ballot for my dad, take it home for him and just had to have it back by the time the place closed.

So, that's what we're up to. Just thought others might like to know that you can get the ballot for a disabled voter on election day. I know it's too late this voting period, but good to know for next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy