Sunday, December 03, 2006

Chat rooms can save your sanity - they did mine

-paid ad-

I spend a fair amount of time in on-line chat rooms chatting with my friends. In fact, being a full-time caregiver it is not easy to get out and make friends locally since I can not spend time with them after I meet them. It is a little difficult to go over to someone's house to hang out for a little while and play RPGs when it is -20 degrees F, your only transportation is an ATV 4-wheeler, and you have to be ready to run back home on a moment's notice in case of an emergency.

Chat rooms became a lifeline for my sanity. By making a few close friends that I can turn to whenever life gets too chaotic I have managed to survive some serious ups and downs in my life including the day my father had the stroke that left him in medical need of full-time care and the days, weeks, months, and now years that followed.

And, as a writer, I am always looking for possible alternatives on chat rooms that might better serve my needs. So when a new chat room service such as Pictari comes along it is a good bet I will get around to at least taking a look at what they offer.

Pictari is a JAVA based chat site that lets you create profiles and chat with others. There is not really much more information on the site so if it sounds like something you would like to know more about you'll need to check them out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The link to Pictari in the preceding is
a paid posting link - the remainder
of the post is my own viewpoint

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy