Thursday, December 14, 2006

Family CARE blog & Page Rank

I've been looking a lot into search engine optimization lately and what results from getting good Page Rank and having link popularity - having other websites that are talking about your website.

When I did a search for the Family Caregiver Security Act of 2005 (H.R. 175) the other day my blog here came up in the number two slot at Google - night before last it was still at number three on their search, so I'm happy. Anything in the top five is amazing to me.

I know a little about how link popularity and Page Ranking works. I know that Google has codes that examine a page that contains a link to another page, that the code reads through the page searching for keywords and compares that list to a second list of keywords compiled from the linked to page to determine just how interrelated the words from the linking page are to the page that is linked to. The better the two lists of keywords match up, the more value the system gives to the Page Ranking of the linked to page. It's always evolving, but that's the gist of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy