Sunday, January 07, 2007

Dad's doctor says that the other doctor is a quack

Well, my mom and sister took my dad in to see his doctor last night and after looking at him, his regular doctor listened to what they said the other doctor told them about dad's dying and has only a few weeks to live and for mom not to call 911 if dad had a heart attack and from the reports I am getting dad's doctor got *PISSED*. She said that the doctor that said that had no right to talk like that, he had no idea what he was saying, my dad's doing just fine and she expects him to outlive the quack that said otherwise.

Was particularly pissed that the doctor said it in front of dad rather than called mom off to side or something.

I'm pissed because dad had all but gave up on living and after seeing his normal doc he is doing better. Mom said that he called her over the other night, took her hand and said "You know what this means?" then told her how he can now go and see his grandson graduate high school this summer.

He had apparently given up hope of living to see that, and mom's health is still shitty after the stress she had been going through expecting dad to die at any moment. I had thought that the guy just didn't know dad's medical information well enough, but was still concerned as all hell because I know that when someone gives up they can die just from having given up on their own selves. :-/

Sometimes all it takes is having a doctor with the right bedside manners to make all the difference in the world for a patient and their family.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. That could have been bad. I'm glad your Dad has hope and your Mom can Live fully without that stress.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy