Saturday, February 03, 2007

Minor rant - ignorable

Every once in a while one of my siblings gets it into their head that they are as capable as me and mom at taking care of my dad. And they are, for about 2 hours. Then it starts to set in on the reality of what is required and they start realizing that I don't just sit on my butt all day doing nothing and sponging off our parents. There is genuine, difficult, sometimes painful and most often unappreciated work that goes into being a caregiver. Very hard and very grueling work that try as they might, they just can't do. I love it when they help out, when they come up and talk to dad or just sit and watch television with him, or stay here while me and mom go shopping, but they need to realize that I do know what I am saying a good percent of the time and that I am not just sitting and doing nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy