Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Minding Our Elders - Carol Bradley Bursack

I got a comment a little while ago from a regular reader, Carol Bradley Bursack, who pointed me in the direction of her website - Minding Our Elders, and her blog - Minding Our Elders Blog.

I'd like to encourage everyone to visit her site and blog. The website focuses on her book, which is also titled Minding Our Elders, "Minding our Elders: Caregivers Share Their Personal Stories", but has much more to offer than just information on the book.

I looked the book over at Amazon, where I did a "surprise me" search of the inside and was taken directly to a heartwarming story about a gentleman named Brad who wanted to be sure that the city of Fargo got their elephants. That story hit a place in my heart because my dad is also a WWII veteran and I have felt the impulse to write a letter to him from the Army myself.

The book is filled with self contained stories and if even half of them are as touching and clearly conveying of what it is like to be a caregiver as that one, then I encourage you to pick up a copy of this book. Whether you are looking for comfort in knowing that someone else knows what you're going through, want to share with family what you are facing, or looking for insight into what the days ahead will be like when you become a caregiver to someone that you love, I think that this looks like a good resource to turn to.

Thank you so much to Carol Bradley Bursack for nudging me in the direction of your website and blog.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy