Saturday, June 02, 2007

Vivid Dreams from Oxycodone (Percocet)

My dad had been prescribed oxycodone (generic form of percocet), but we won't be getting any more of that unless we *HAVE* to. The stuff gives him really bad vivid dreams.

I had thought it was just him, but I did a little research online and it seems to be a common side effect of the stuff that it gives vivid bad (as in nightmare type) dreams when you take it.

So, if you or your care recipient is taking that, or hydrocodone or any similar pills like that, and having vivid dreams, that is probably why.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems to be common side effect. I was prescribed percoset after surgery. I actually felt very tired and had a hard time sleeping but all I had to do was close my eyes and I started dreaming. I was awake and dreaming! The dreams were vivid and soon became nightmares. Luckily I was awake and could just open my eyes!
The percoset didnt do much for the pain either!!! After 12 hours of not really sleeping and crazy awake nightmares I switched to ibuprophin! So much happier! Pain is managed and I am not incoherent! Hope to actually sleep now!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy