Friday, August 03, 2007

So tired

One problem with being a caregiver is you are always tired. I am exhausted right now, but there is a lot to do so I can't go to bed yet. I want to, oh boy do I want to go to bed. But I can't quite yet.

This stuff, staying up night after night when you would rather be sleeping, wears on your soul. Tiredness just seeps in and you feel like you'll fall over sideways. I have before, it's no fun. Actually my legs buckled and I just flat passed out. Woke up as I hit the floor. No fun.

Family caregiver is the highest stress unpaid job in the world.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

When I was a caregiver, I was not at all sure that I would survive my husband. Granted, my life had been stressful before his illness, but that seemed to take the little bit that was left of me to squeeze any remaining reserves of energy there were.
Now, two and a half years later, I
am still exhausted, though grateful for my survival. THIS is the part that no one seems to comprehend....How something like caregiving can suck the very life out of you.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy