Monday, December 03, 2007

Home made decorations

A few minutes of browsing eBay looking for old strings of cranberry garlands convinced me that the best plan for the holiday season is to just make my own decorations.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have boxes upon boxes of decorations in the basement, and I can well afford to buy any decorations that I want to get for this holiday season, however, I want a certain look to the tree and I think that can best be obtained by making what I don't have for it.

The first step is going to be to see if I can find some strings of realistic cranberries that I can use for garlands, and if not -- a couple of bags of cranberries and a needle and thread and I have instant strings of cranberries... well, almost instant. I will have to spend a few hours assembling them, but they should look really great on the tree when I have them all strung up. I also need to get out the popcorn from last year and see if it weathered the summer in its storage tin.

Then its off to making cookies in the kitchen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy