Monday, April 19, 2010

Mini Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

My dad loves to snack on cheese and crackers, but I don't like him eating too many crackers because I am watching his sodium intake, so I have been experimenting with different things for my dad to enjoy as snacks.

At his suggestion I started buying the mini loaves of cocktail bread. The rye bread and pumpernickel. I use the mini breads to create mini grilled cheese sandwiches for him, then quarter each sandwich to create a bite sized mini grilled cheese sandwich.

They are very fast to make. All you do is spread butter (or margarine) on one side of each slice of bread, place one slice butter side down in hot pan, lay a slice of cheese (your choice in variety) on top of the bread, place the second slice of bread on top - butter side up.

Heat on medium high until browned, carefully turn over and brown on second side. Cut into quarters and serve warm.

Dad can eat four mini sandwiches cut into quarters, and even with just two kinds of bread, the choice in variety of cheeses and stuff that can be added such as ham or chicken make it a very versatile snack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy