Friday, December 15, 2006

Caregiver Burnout

It is absolutely amazing to me that with all the stress I am currently undergoing I am not suffering from another bout of caregiver burnout - it's something I would have expected to be facing, but I am doing okay in that regard.

If you've ever had caregiver burnout you know just how bad it can be and make you feel. I went through it and was forced to make myself get better because my mom was suffering it at the same time and I had to take on the responsibility of getting over it and taking care of dad so that she could recover from her own burnout. That was several years back and although I have hit a few low points I have not truly burned out again. I know the threat is always there though, so I just try to take things one day at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy