Friday, February 23, 2007

Pets are family too

I was sitting here last night trying to type on the computer and here comes Shadowcat. Shady is my dad's cat, a little grey kitten that my mom got from my brother and gave to my dad. Which is really weird since mom has always hated cats. Shady has an eye infection at the moment, which I am trying to take care of, and he stayed outside too long (is a indoors only cat now) and got frostbite on one ear. So now he is a little gremlin looking gray fur ball with one pointed ear and one rounded ear.

He is full of energy, though, and gives Harry and Ghingis Kahn both a good workout trying to keep up with him. (Harry being my Siamese and Ghingis Kahn my mom's Shih Tzu.)

Sitting trying to type with little gray paws snaking up to grasp my hands makes me think about the other animals I have had. It seems like a part of having animals is having to take care of sick animals. Whether it is a dog with cancer or a badly infected tooth, a cat with an eye infection, a horse that has injured its legs in barbed wire, or any of a million other things that happen to them.

There has often been times when I had wished that I could get something like pet insurance. In fact, you can, whether you need horse insurance or insurance for your dog or cat. You might wonder why anyone would want to get insurance for their pet, but there are a lot of reasons. Whether it is because the animal is valuable (such as a prized rodeo or race horse, maybe a show dog or rare breed of cat), or just a loved family pet that you want to give the best of everything you can.

I had a Chihuahua that lived to be almost 20 years old and a Springer Spaniel that lived to be 18 and a mixed Mini-Poodle/Dauxie that lives to be around 16 - pets become a part of our lives and a large part of our families. So why treat them any different from a member of the family?


This post is paid for by the PPP advertiser
Stoneways Insurance Services

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy