Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Medications list for the doctors

My mom was telling me that yet another doctor was impressed by the medications readout that I sent for my dad. It seems like none of them ever seen such a thing and this last guy assumed that we had some sort of service make it up for us.

It is a simple enough thing to make up, and can be made in whatever style seems to work best for you based on your care recipients medications and needs for the list. I can use this not only to let the doctors know what he's taking, but to confirm I am giving medications at the right times and to leave with someone that might have to oversee his medicine for a brief time.

All it is is a simple Word document that I can print out that lists my dad's medications and brief information on him. For example:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name
DOB: month day, year of birth

Medication List - with time and dosage

Morning 11 am ..................................... afternoon 1 pm
medication taken....................medication taken

Dinner 7 pm .................................. bedtime 11 pm
medication taken....................medication taken



Medications that are taken as needed:
List of those medications
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alphabetized Medications:
List of all medication taken presented alphabetically including dosage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes: if any


(the morning afteroon etc is in a table, but I can't get tables to work in this post. That is the pills taken at them times)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy