Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Websites and page rank [Advertisement]

Yesterday, much to my delight, I discovered that my Diet Tracker blog has a Google Page Rank of 1. I am assuming that it is because someone, or more than one someone's actually, have found my content to be worthy of linking back to from other websites.

Which is kewl, since the site is just a basic chronicle of my efforts to loose weight. It's not like I have anything there that is ground breaking science or, in my humble opinion, worth being seen by others. I do have a hope that the blog has at least some decent content on it that will encourage others in their own efforts to loose weight and that, I assume, is where the links come into play. Others having found my site to be of interest.

Links are the primary point of interest for Google's Page Ranking algorithms, granted that links are not the only thing they look for, but they are a known part of it - and a part that the webmasters can actually have some influence over.

By employing a marketing campaign to increase link popularity for your website using services such as Blogitive you can find people with blogs that relate to your website and get inbound links to your site.

This post is a paid advertisement for US Web

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy