Friday, March 30, 2007

But it's so impersonal...

I was talking to someone today and they noted that my family caregiver blog does not have as much personal information on it as some of the other blogs that I have. I explained that it is because on a personal level, as a caregiver, there really is not a lot that I would want to talk about openly for just anyone to read. Most of what I might have to say on the subject of my life as a caregiver either falls into the too personal for public disclosure or too volatile to start into a rant about.

I talk the things that I don't post about over with my friends on AOL instant messenger and use them as sounding boards and sanity life-lines. There is a lot I don't even talk to them about, but part of being a caregiver is having a certain amount of things that you just do not want to talk about with other people. Anyone that is a full-time family caregiver knows exactly what I mean, and they probably don't have to hear about it here.

So, that is why this blog is not as "personal" as my other ones, there just is not a lot of personal things to share about being a caregiver, at least not for me. It would get kind'a boring to say "I got up and helped my dad up and dressed, got his pills, got him coffee and a cigarette, made breakfast...." It could get to be a boring mess in no time and the more interesting parts of it all are not something I want to share with others because it is frankly no one's business.

I will say that some of them interesting points have been highlighted by assorted things heading for me from across the room or nervous breakdowns on my part and we'll leave it at that. Okay?

Trust me, family caregivers earn every penny of that estimated annual worth of $306 billion that they are not paid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy