Friday, March 23, 2007

Medication safety - keep medicine in a lockable cabinet

It is important, when you are a care provider, to have a place for keeping medications locked away safe and secure. I have a cabinet that has two opening doors on it and a open shelf below them. I can lock the medication up in the main cabinet but still have the pills I have to be able to get to in a hurry, like nitro pills and albuterol inhalers, easy to get off the open lower shelf.

I also have a second, smaller box, that I keep inside the main lockable cabinet. This is where I can store things that have been temporarily removed from my dad's prescriptions because of one reason or another so they don't get jumbled in with the pills he is taking.

I have always felt that prescription medication should be kept locked up, but this is particularly important if they are in a house where children live or visit regularly or in a home with an Alzheimer's patient or someone with risk of depression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy