Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Endless work, no time to be sick

It is no wonder that caregivers are so prone to burning out. There seems to be endless things that need to be done and even though everyone else has the luxury of being sick, the primary caregiver does not seem to have that luxury.

I am running myself ragged at the moment getting my dad ready to go for a blood test and feel like crawling into bed and sleeping away the rest of the day rather than getting dad ready. Mom's down from not feeling good so is no help today and it don't seem to be the job of any of my brothers or sisters to help out with that kind of thing. One of my sisters will take mom and dad into town to the blood test appointment, so at least I don't have to get myself ready as well, but it would be nice if they would at least try to help.

I've even asked before, one of my brothers does a semi decent job as long as someone else is around, but if no one else is around he blows me off and leaves it to me. The sister that is around just acts like she didn't hear me unless it is something she feels like doing.

I guess I'm just stressing out, but dang-it, why is it everyone else in the family can take time off when they're feeling under the weather?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy