Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hard work that few can do, but worth it

It is not easy to understand what it is that a caregiver goes through if you have never been a caregiver. And there are a lot of things that caregivers don't talk about in their daily lives. I have had people that have not seen anything particularly difficult about my job when they only spend a few hours a day watching me do it, but that crack under the pressure of just a few hours of trying to do the things I do without a second thought.

I have had my sisters scoff about my responsibility, then come back from a brief try at taking over my responsibilities saying that they have no idea how I can do the stuff I do day after day after day.

What caregivers do may appear minor, and they may pull it off with unnoticed skill, but never assume that their work is easy. Caregivers have one of the most difficult jobs in the world and are, as a rule, paid nothing for their endless work. If you have to ask why we do it if we are not paid, then you probably will never have what it takes to be a caregiver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy