Tuesday, June 05, 2007

1408 Movie is looking like a must see for ghost story fans

The new movie that is coming out staring John Cusack has caught my attention, and I would dearly love to get a chance to get out and see the film. Or at least I hope I get a chance to get out and see it. Being a full-time caregiver and having to rely on others for transportation most of the time I only rarely get to go to the movies, but this is one that I am going to at the very least buy as soon as it hits DVD. My dad loves Stephen King stories (has a whole shelf behind me of Stephen King novels), and me... well, I love John Cusack. ;-)

Still, I think that this 1408 Movie is something that we will greatly enjoy, and since my dad can't go to a theater I will be getting him a copy of it when it hits DVD. Written by Stephen King, starring John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson... how can a movie like that go wrong?

And I love a good ghost story. I don't like them gratuitous violence and gore flicks, but a nice "BOO!" movie is good. Something to make you think and wonder.

I love the scene in the trailer where Mike Enslin (Cusack's character) calling out for help over his computer and asks his wife if she called the cops and she says, "They're in 1408, the room's empty."

Although I have never had an experience like Enslin, and I never want to, I do believe in ghosts. I've seen them. Years ago there were two ghosts that we would see occasionally on our property. A man and a woman, just walking through and never at the same time. There was also what my dad described as a cat ghost that he felt often hopping up on the end of the bed and walking slowly up his legs and settling onto his chest when he was trying to sleep. For a long time I worried he was having heart troubles was the cause of the feeling of weight on his chest - then I had reason to sleep exactly where he always slept and felt the cat ghost myself. It really is a weight about that of a small cat that I could feel leap up onto the end of the bed and timidly walk up until it laid down on my chest. The weirdest experience I have ever felt.

But enough about ghost cats and wandering people crossing the yard. I want to see the 1408 Movie when it comes out, maybe I can convince my nephews to go see it with me, they like scary type movies. They keep trying to get me to watch scary type movies. Wonder what people will be up to around here when it's released June 22... Check out the following trailer from DimensionFilms to see just how good this movie looks.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy