Friday, June 29, 2007

The Jump and Run Effect

One of the things that you quickly learn when you are a caregiver is that you have to jump and run when you are needed. It has got to be such second nature for me that if I hear my mom or dad say something that even sounds vaguely like they want me to show up, I abandon what I am up to and go to see what they need. Thankfully I have developed a little bit of an understanding on which calls are urgent and which I can likely delay a minute or two on, so I can usually finish typing in a thought before I run, but there are times, like a few minutes ago, when I just take off like a bolt and when I get back in here I have no idea what I was going to talk about. So, you get this post instead and a small bit of a warning; If you find yourself in the role of a family caregiver, watch out for those "drop everything and run" moments. Once you assume the responsibility of caregiver it puts anything you are doing second place to the needs of your care recipient.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy