Sunday, December 09, 2007

Price of some medicines has gone up for Tricare recipients

I went to the pharmacy last night to get one of my dad's medications. It seems that Tricare has changed their way of doing things and I had to pay over twice (nearly three times) what I normally pay for that medication. That hurt. I still had enough money with me to get stuff for dinner, but I had left my credit card at home and it was a close stretch to get what else I had needed with the surprise increase in the cost of that one medication.

What pisses me off is that the prices are going up because of Medicare and stuff like that being charged for things that they should not be being charged for, and yet if you want to report some place for fraud it is a complicated process (at least it seemed to be when I was looking at it for an article a while back - I gave up on writing the article about it it was so messed up).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Possible that your dad has a name brand drug that has moved to a more expensive category. Talk to your dad's doc about a generic substitute.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

That is exactly the problem, unfortunately, there is no generic substitute out for that particular medication yet. So, until there is a generic substitute, the cost of my dad's medicine has increased substantially.

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy