Monday, March 09, 2009

Sometimes you just have to sit and cry

One of the problems a family caregiver faces is lack of sleep due to an unexplainably angry care recipient. I know why he gets angry, it has to be so frustrating for him to not be able to do the things he used to do all the time, like read a novel or know how to use a computer, but... he takes it out on me and won't even admit why. Not sure if he knows why. Any little thing I don't do fast enough suddenly becomes a reason to scream at me something along the lines of "you snotty little brat!" - stuff dad *NEVER* would have said before his stroke.

All I can do right now is hide out just out of sight and wait for him to yell about the next irritant (usually me). Wednesday my sister will be taking him in to get a blood test. If I can just hang on until then I'll be able to sleep for at least a couple of hours straight before she brings him back home. I'm likely to snap the head off anyone that tries pinching me for not wearing green on Paddy's day, but I'll be able to destress Wednesday.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy