Monday, October 23, 2006

Advertising - what have I been paid and what do I do with it?

I was asked how much I have been paid by PayPerPost since I began using their blog marketing service on some of my blogs. I'm very excited about that in fact, since this morning I noticed that I have been paid $600.66. I know that's not a lot to some of you, but for me, that is a LOT of money. I know that you all know I've been posting ads on my blogs for a few months now, little bits here and there that I feel would be of interest to the people that read my blogs. I try to avoid things that would not be interesting to my readership and if things have slipped through that I thought someone might like and no one had any interest I apologize for that. I'm working my way toward two goals with my earnings - as I said, I have been paid $600, I'm also set to receive another $148.25 and have so far sent $17.50 to charity (American Red Cross and sponsoring a Walk For Cure participant in a three day walk with the money donated to cancer research).

What about the money I am keeping? Well, I've used part of it to help pay for heating fuel, I used a little over $20 to buy a emergency cell phone that costs me $1 a month to have a phone so I can keep in touch with my parents when I am not home (being the only one that knows anything about dad's medications that is vital), I am currently searching for a hemi walker (walker that can be used with only one arm) for my dad, and am putting away a percentage of it all to help me and mom buy my dad the powered wheelchair that his doctor says he needs.

I know that there are a lot of people that say what I do is bad, that I should not allow any posts in my blog that I have received money for, but I also know that I have striven to provide information that my readers can benefit from. Does it really matter if I too have benefited from some of it? If my father benefits from it?

Being a caregiver is the highest stress unpaid job in the world, writing - sponsored or not - is the only escape I have from my day to day stress and a lot of the time I can't even escape into writing (as you can tell when my writing sucks). When I learned about PayPerPost (I think it was this past June) I was writing on a site called WritingUp in an effort to earn a little income from my writing. PayPerPost allows me to focus on the blogs I care about and still have a chance to earn a little money by selecting sponsors that want to pay for posts on subjects I want to write about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy