Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Anti SPAM policy

I have nothing against canned meat products, however, I do have a problem with people that go into the back pages of my blog and post comments that contain links to advertising websites.

I have removed, and will continue to remove, posts by "superclosetnerd" (Blogger profile #30159579) for spamming my website with posts about a "fireplace utensils" website that is nothing more than an advertising links page.

I gave this user the benefit of the doubt the first time, even visiting their profile and the blogs linked from it. Those four blogs were non-content blogs with either no content or a single spost with something like "test" in it.

I commented on one of the person's blogs, the most recent, and thanked the person for having visited my blog. I also posted a note here, at the comment that they had posted to my site, suggesting they add more articles to their site. It was an effort both to encourage what was, possibly, a new site owner in improving, but also a warning to my readership that the site was not worth visiting unless they actually were shopping for fireplace utensils.

The person that made the links post has now made their profile inaccessible and posted more posts with the exact same text and links. The comment they leave in blog back posts is:

superclosetnerd said...
I can't believe this. I set out to get some ideas on my new site.. you know themes, color, layout, etc.... and I can't believe how much stuff I've found looking around. I'm liking some of the stuff I see here... some good ideas at least. I'm not sure if I want to go with normal blue underlined links or if I want an entire theme of colors for all of the text and the links too. Anyway, nice page, it gave me something to chew on. If anyone actually sees this and feels like it, you can check out my site. fireplace utensils

(Links do not work - I used color to identify link points)

I am reporting the user to Blogger and encourage other bloggers to remove any such links from their back posts if the links exist. If this person legitimately operates a new website and would like to dispute my complaint they are welcome to discuss it with me, however, based on their actions I can only conclude they are seeking to drive traffic to their advertisement site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy