Sunday, November 26, 2006

Them COLD Alaskan Nights

Okay, it's getting warmer in the house now. Late last night we ran out of heating fuel and the temperature started to plummet. By 6 a.m. I was turning the oven on and opening the door on it because it was 60 degrees in the house, and well below zero outside (-30 F based on the thermometer on the porch). At a quarter to seven I was talking to my friend in GA on AIM and agreed to trade with her:

Her: How's you?
Me: Cold and sleepy
Her: I'll trade ya for the hot and sleepy here
Me: DEAL!!!!! it's -28 below F outside on the front porch right now and we're outta heating fuel, after 30 min of oven being on it's 65 degrees in the hallway
Me: Prolly broke the deal on the disclosure of what yer gettin', huh?

She was a good sport though and said I hadn't broke the deal. Later on I was able to get some fuel and get it poured in, now the house is starting to get back up into the 70's.

Thankfully dad has an electric blanket and mom a BIG fluffy comforter - so they just stayed snuggled warm in their beds to wait out the chill being pushed back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy