Tuesday, December 19, 2006

News about my father

Well, it's not good, but I wasn't expecting it to be. :-/ Mom brought dad home and said that the doctors said he's having congestive heart failure and that there's nothing they can do. Doctor told her he might live four hours might live four weeks. He asked what she would do if he needed help and she said she'd dial 911 and the doctor told her to not even bother. Then he started pushing for her to sign a piece of paper saying not to try to save him if he has a heart attack. Good thing I didn't go, I've threatened to break nurses arms for a hell of a lot less than that. :-/ Mom refused to sign the paper.

So, mom and I have dad home now, the doctor gave mom a order for hospice to come out and take care of dad, but she refused it so apparently the doctor plans to get a-hold of dad's regular doctor and tell her to force mom to accept hospice assistance and care and to sign the paper. I may end up punching the ER doc in the nose after all. We'll see.

Guess it would be a nice little circle of life kind of thing - when I was a little baby a doctor told my parents that I was not going to make it after a bad fever and if I did survive I'd be a vegetable so it would be better to just let me die. Dad apparently punched that doctor in the nose and landed him on his butt in the hall as dad strode in and got me and took me to a military hospital instead. It'd be kind'a fitting if I should end up punching out a doctor on my dad's behalf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy