Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Sleeping pill that causes irregular heart beat........ for someone with congestive heart failure???

I'm not too sure about the doctor that saw my dad the other day. My dad has a odd sleep pattern, always has had an odd sleep pattern it goes back to when he programmed computers for a living and would be called in at all hours of the day and night to fix a messed up program (back before they had the fancy restore features and boot disks).

Well, this doctor prescribed dad Ambien, which is a sleep aid. This is good, no problem, until you look at the instructions that came with it and see that a major side effect is an unsteady heart beat.

Wait... Unsteady heart beat? You have a man in his 70's that you just said has congestive heart failure and you want to give him a sleeping pill that causes unsteady heart rates?

Needless to say I am waiting to see what my dad's regular doctor says about it before I follow any such advice from the doctor that wanted my mom to sign paperwork saying she wanted them to sit on their thumbs if dad had a heart attack. The same guy that told her to not call 911 and just let it happen if dad had a heart attack.

Still grrrring at what I was told about that doctor's idea of helping patients.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy