Friday, February 09, 2007

Fireplace was best investment I've made

Well, we've only had the fireplace for a day so far, but my dad has already called me over several times to hug me and kiss me on the cheek and thank me for getting it. Of all the splurges I have made in my life, getting that electric fireplace for my dad has got to be one of the all time best splurges I have ever made. I haven't seen him enjoy anything so much in a very long time and it's completely safe to run the thing and is just running a few 40 watt light bulbs to run it so does not take much electricity.

Of course, if the heater part (it has a heater!) is run then it's be getting expensive. And we did run the heater this morning (yesterday now). Ran out of heating fuel in the middle of the night and rather than go out after some we turned on the heater on the fireplace. Kept the house nice and warm on a cold Alaskan night so I'm thrilled. Wasn't even turned up half way! I'll get a picture of the fireplace and get it up on here tomorrow or the next day, I promised V I'd get a picture of it up for her to see what I got. (May borrow my brother's camera and take a video of it even.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy