Monday, July 09, 2007

Mondays suck

You really want to know what sleep is like for the caregiver? What was that Jack Nicholson said in 'A Few Good Men'? "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!"

It's 7:15 in the morning as I write this. I have been awake for maybe 20 minutes. Feels like I been drug behind a leaky cement mixer on a gravel road for that time instead.

I think I got somewhere in the area of about 3 and a half, maybe 4 hours, of sleep last night and that means that this morning every joint in my body feels muggy and achy. Okay, maybe not only because of the lack of rest. It is also a very muggy yucky day out there and I have the song "Monday Monday, can't trust that day..." stuck in my head. That's not a good sign, is it?

Started out poorly enough I suppose. Was around 2 a.m. last night before I went to bed, so that was officially Monday. 3 a.m. my mom woke me up. Her television was not working. First sign on the day going downhill, it turned out that I had accidentally unpluged the satellite receiver box earlier in the evening. oops. Okay, fixed, I crawl back to bed.

Mom woke me up a little while later because the TV had stopped working. Figured that one out blessedly fast. Turned out that the dog had tripped over the cord and it was unplugged just enough to turn off the TV. Got that fixed (still not sure how the dog managed it) and got back to bed. Around 3 or 3-something.

Alarm went off on schedule at 6 a.m. and, also on schedule, I commenced to cussing it out and informing it of precisely where it could put that buzzing noise. I did that maybe 4 or 5 times as it valiantly risked bodily harm to wake me. I finally drizzled out of bed about 5 minutes to 7 and want to go back to bed and sleep until sometime after 3 this afternoon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy