Saturday, July 07, 2007

We're a Ford Family

My family has always been Ford people, for the most part. There is the stray blacksheep that likes Chevy's, but what family don't have a few bad seeds in it?

Okay, kidding around aside. I'm a Ford girl. I've been a Ford girl for years and blame it entirely on my dad's old pickup. Old Grandad, so named because years ago my dad had a large bottle of Old Grandad bourbon in a wire framework deal for easy pouring. There was a plaque on the framework that read "Old Grandad" and my dad took it off the framework and mounted it on the dashboard of his truck. Anyway, Old Grandad was the first vehicle I helped to rebuild an engine in. He was also the first one I helped swap engines in. Me and that truck go back over a lot of great memories together and I can't wait until we get his back wheel fixed and he's back on the road.

Until then, I have myself a project and it should be no surprise it's a Ford. (Particularly if you're a regular reader of my blogs and saw the Ford Thunderbird I picked up not very long ago.)

I plan to make the T-bird my winter project car and will be rebuilding it over the course of the winter. Probably over the course of several winters given no more free time than I usually have.

I have planned for this to take a while, because I know that accidents can, and do happen, particularly accidents that can damage to the radiator when swapping out engines. I've already bookmarked Radiator.com in case something happens to the radiator. They an extensive selection of radiators, from ones to fit those rusting Chevy's out back to a Taurus Radiator and even information on ones for the classic cars that I love so much. When I visited the site I was happy to find that they have stores in Alaska, and not too far from me, and it is easy to locate things on the website. There is a chat box on most pages too, it even tells you just how many mechanics are ready to talk to you about your needs with radiators.

I just need to get things arranged out in the yard, stuff like getting the hot tub out of the log garage so I can shove my car into it, and getting my tools all in order (and buying what I need that I or my brother don't already have. I'll be doing 90% of the work on the car myself, but my brother will help me out on it. I want to learn the body work, so this is my test project car to let him teach me how to do that stuff, and the rest of the car is all mine to toy with and slowly get fixed up the way I want my car to be.

I'll be making a website to share what I'm up to with the car, so be sure to keep an eye out for that announcement later on down the line toward Fall. And make sure you check out Radiator.com if you're working on your own project car, they have OE certified radiators and a quality and fit guarantee.

They carry thousands of aftermarket Ford radiators and upgrade radiators, with radiators for Ford models of every year, both new and classic. A bonus for my family is that they have Mustang Radiators (great since my brother restores Mustangs), and aluminum Ford truck radiators - which I am fairly certain is what Old Grandad is going to need the next time we overhaul his engine.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some of the information in this blog post was based on information provided by Blogitive. For more information, please visit Blogitive.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy