Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Can't trust people

I came across an article in the Sierra Vista Herald out of Sierra Vista, AZ that detailed the theft of $25,000 from a disabled man by his paid caregiver over the course of four months.

The article is a little confusing, since it quotes two different amounts - $25,000 and $40,000. I'm not sure which is the accurate amount of the theft, but in my opinion it is ridiculous that a caregiver should be stealing even $1 from their care recipient, for someone that is paid to provide the care to steal through intentional fraud is just... grrrr. And people wonder why I don't trust strangers to care for my dad with all the stuff like this I see. I'm distrustful of people as it is, so to see stuff like this just reinforces for me that people are as a rule very untrustworthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy