Friday, August 14, 2009

One of those days nothing goes right

Did you ever have one of them days when you are fairly certain you would be better off if you just crawled back into bed and stayed there? That's the day I am having.

Last night my dad was complaining he had a sore throat. When I woke this morning with one myself I asked him and his was still there. Clue 1.

The upgraded channels I added onto the TV system last night are not working. Can't seem to get them to work, even after two calls to talk to the folks at the Dish Network place. It seems the little dish is only seeing one of the two satellites it is supposed to see, so we apparently have to have a repair dude come out and fix it before my dad can get the channels he wants to watch. Clue 2.

You would think that would be enough clues, huh? Went out to the porch and noticed the sun roof on the Cadillac is partially open. Only way to get it cooled off inside when driving along is to open the sunroof, since the windows no longer work, and I forgot to close the sunroof when me and dad got back from our last outing. And you know it rained last night, huh? Both driver and passenger seats are soaked. Clue 3.

Now, most people would take three clues and say enough was enough, but I was not about to let that stop me. I can toss a blanket over the seats - right? So, I'm taking inventory to see if we have to go all the way to town, or if the town run can wait for Monday. There are a few things in front of the hall closet that were headed for the storage area in one of the back bedrooms, so I move that and am stepping into the room where it is to go when I step on something. I don't know how in the hell broken glass got in there, but I found it. Bare foot, just in front of the heel on soft tender part of the foot. Deep and wide - took a while to staunch it with Kleenex and pressure. Clue 4 was enough for me. I conferred with my dad and he agreed that since his throat was still sore and it was cold and rainy was a good day to stay home rather than risk making things worse by going out in the cold rain.

I called the therapy place and told them we'd see them Monday, then went and doctored the foot up. Is now all bandaged and I don't care what we need, I am not leaving this house until Monday. I don't need a 5th hint that it's a bad day to be doing stuff.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy