Monday, July 09, 2007

Wait, what do you mean this job does not come with sick leave?

There are days when you just want to curl up and not get out of bed. Your head aches and your muscles ache and your joints feel like they were poured full of quick setting cement. Most days this wears off after the first fifteen to twenty minutes and you are fine for the remainder of the day - mostly fine anyway.

This is one of those days when it did not just wear off. I even tool a 30 minute nap about 5 hours after I woke up and it was no good. I ache, my neck aches and my head hurts to the point I feel nauseous.

Problem is, I can't just go back to bed and spend the entire day in bed. No, that would be nice, but as any full-time caregiver can tell you when you pick up that "full-time" badge it really does mean *full*-time. Sick days are not allowed.

I'm trying toast to try and ease off the headache, since I don't have anything I can take for the headache. I would take a couple aspirins, but the bottle is almost empty and I need to hang on to the ones in it for my dad since he needs one every day and I am not sure when I'll be getting to the store to get more.

I hate taking medications anyway, preferring to not muddy up my body's efforts to tell me when there is a problem.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy