Thursday, August 30, 2007

How late do doctors work? As late as they need to sometimes

Went to the doctor's office with my dad and lo and behold it happened again. ::snerk:: The nurse handed me a sheet of paper on a clip board and said "Here, you can go over this with him," and she left leaving me to do the "You having any..." Q&A session for her. I swear, as often as I have been left to do the work for nurses from here to Washington, I really do need to go for my nurses degree one of these days.

I love my dad's doctor and her nurses. I know of no other doctor that would schedule you for 4p.m. and have you call at 3:30 to see how late she's running. They finally had us come in at 6 p.m. (the office closes at 5:30 p.m.) and as I write this on my Alphasmart it is 6:25 p.m. and I just finished asking my dad all sorts of things like "any shortness of breath?", "any heart pains?", "any blurry vision?" etc etc. and we are waiting for the doctor to come in to see him now.

* * *

The doctor finally got to us just before 7, around 6:50, and got out of doctor's office at 7:35 p.m.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy