Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bad tooth is starting to infect

One of the biggest problems with being a full-time family caregiver is never being able to take care of myself. Right now I have a very nasty toothache that has started turning into an infected tooth, but I can't afford to go get it fixed. I know I should go see the emergency clinic, and I will if it gets to point I know I have to, but I really don't want to have to go down there.

The last time I went down to the emergency clinic in town to have them take a look at an infected tooth the doctor chewed my ass off for having bad teeth. He told me to go see a dentist because all he could do was treat the infection. I told him I know that was all he could do, that's all I needed was the infection that was working it's way up my sinus passages stopped because I know any infection in the face, particularly that area, is very dangerous. He snarled some more about how I had to go to a dentist and I finally got tired of being chewed out and asked him if he knew one that took payments rather than wanting to be paid up front, the last one I saw told me $3,000 (up front) to do anything at all for my teeth. That at least stopped the doctor chewing my ass off, but he still gave me nasty glares and an attitude that made it perfectly clear I was wasting his time by going to see him for help.

It really sucks when someone in my situation can't even go to the local walk-in clinic to get help without being made feel like they are a worthless waste of the doctor's time. I know it's not true, but it don't help much when you are sitting there having a doctor lecture you and can't even tell them to go to hell because if you do they'll toss you out without giving you any help and still charge you $150 for the privilege of chewing your ass off. So, here I sit, waiting and praying that the pain medication I just took will make the pain stop, and hoping that the peroxide/water wash I have been trying to fight the infection with will work this time and I won't have to go to the walk-in clinic again. I just want to be able to have my teeth all fixed someday, get the pain to stop and be able to make it through a day without being embarrassed to actually smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy