Sunday, May 18, 2008

Getting ready to plant a garden

Today was spent getting flowers planted out in the front planters and working on getting an area for a garden fixed. I have some small sugar pumpkins growing in the window in the dining room, and just checked my cantaloupe seeds that I had started last week and they are sprouted and ready to be planted. I have some Miracle Gro top soil in a small container that I am going to transplant them into until the place for them in the garden is ready.

I was actually surprised that they started to grow, since they are from a store bought cantaloupe and I am used to things from the store not producing growable seeds. I'm not sure what has been done to it, but it has been years since I have been able to get the seeds of any sort of fruit or vegetables to grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Privacy Policy